Work Programme at Ellingham Employment Services
If you’ve had time away from work, or have been long term unemployed due to disability or illness, you’re not alone.
We understand that being told to look for work can be daunting - and we’re here to help.
On the Work Programme, we will provide the support you need throughout your individual journey into employment. Therefore, as well as offering you the support, information and training you need to get a job, we will provide you with help once you are there.
With our support you needn’t let your fears prevent you reaching your potential.
This is why we are different...
- Specialists with over 25 years experience of working with people with disabilities.
- Over 50% of Ellingham staff have a disability themselves.
- Buildings, training rooms and computers are adapted for people with disabilities.
- Two sites: Leytonstone & Woodford Green, with reasonable travel expenses reimbursed.
- Private one to one inductions with an advisor.
- Ongoing one on one advice and support, or group sessions if you prefer.
- Smaller caseloads mean we spend more time providing the specialist support that our customers require.
- A BSL signer is available every week for deaf/hard of hearing customers.
- Specialist assessment tool to effectively understand partially sighted/blind customers' needs.
- "Access To Work" advice and support, which means:
- Customers and their new employers can apply for work place adaptations needed to help do their new job.
- Providing support workers to help customers in the workplace with practical tasks they can't do due to their disability.
On the Work Programme, there are no set courses, days or hours in which everyone must attend. What you do is agreed between you and your advisor, and will depend entirely on what will help you to find work.
Your time on the Work Programme can last for up to two years. This means we can offer the support and training you need over a longer period of time. We can also provide you with ongoing support after you find a job, and can offer advice and training up to two years afterwards. Ellingham is working in partnership with CDG to deliver the Work Programme.